All AnyHill e-scooter products come with the manufacturer’s limited warranty for the Product to be free of major defects in material or workmanship to the original purchaser under normal use for up to 1 year. This sheet and the original purchase receipt for the purchase of your Product are the documents defining the Limited Warranty. Please retain this document and the original purchase receipt to preserve your warranty service.
The Warranty Period lasts for 1 year (365 days) from the date you purchased the Product. Your purchase date is printed on the receipt you received with the Product.
Replacement parts will only be sent to the original shipping address’s country even if the original owner has taken residency in another country.
RIGHT TO AMEND WARRANTY POLICY.
Anyhill reserves the right to adjust, amend, and update this warranty policy at any given time without prior notice.
WHAT THIS WARRANTY COVERS.
We warrant that during the warranty period, the product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship starting from the time of purchase. This limited warranty is based under the specific conditions that our products are used as directed in its instructions. This coverage includes replacement or repair of the following original manufacturer parts (OEM) with restrictions:
- LCD display, only at initial receiving of the ANYHILL product;
- or Throttle.
You may only make a warranty claim for individual parts once during the coverage period. For example, ANYHILL will replace the motor under warranty the first time failure occurs, but subsequent motor replacements within the warranty period are at the cost of the customer.
Additionally, all electric scooters have recommended use and max load restrictions, with estimated performance using an average rider of 150 lbs. Although most scooters can carry 220 lbs or more, taller, heavier riders will experience limited performance ability and can tax the scooter’s system. If ANYHILL discovers that components of the electric scooter are repeatedly failing because it is overloaded, ANYHILL reserves the right to refuse subsequent claims for the same components.
Replacement parts will only be sent to the original shipping address’s country even if the original owner has taken residency in another country.
WHAT THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER.
Both our 1 year limited warranty and 30 days limited warranty do NOT provide coverage for replacement or repair of the following:
- Frame, lights, and button consoles
- Screws, nuts, bolts, safety pins, and other similar small components
- Products that are used as rental units, for commercial use, or in competition
- Damage or failure due to:
- Aging, normal use, wear and tear, or use of improper cleaning solvents or chemicals;
- Overexposure to water, heat or cold (e.g., left outdoors);
- Improper use and damage from accidents;
- Improper storage,
- Improper care during shipping.
- Damage or repair of any third-party accessories or parts.
Proper maintenance, use and storage are essential when owning an electric scooter.
For example, if the scooter is left in storage and the battery drains completely, it may degrade so badly that it can no longer hold charge. If the scooter is not properly maintained or stored causing components to fail, that is not covered by the warranty.
Additionally, the following actions will void the warranty:
- Unapproved modifications to the product*
- Weather-related damage (water, heat/sun exposure)
- Incorrect use, incorrect repairs or diagnosis made by the customer or a non-ANYHILL technician or any other third party.
*Electric scooter modifications include hardware and software changes to the product outside the spectrum of basic maintenance and can be done by professional technicians or individual owners.
Modifications completed by ANYHILL do not void the warranty. Modifications completed by the owner (DIY) with or without guidance from ANYHILL void the warranty.
Please note that the warranty does not cover labor costs, shipping costs or reimbursement for inconvenience during repair or incidental damage of other property related to repairs unless otherwise discussed in this warranty policy.
WHO MAY USE THIS WARRANTY?
ANYHILL is located at Suite B, 11901 Goldring Rd, Arcadia, CA, 91006 and ANYHILL (“we”) extend this limited warranty only to the consumer who originally purchased the product (“you”). It does not extend to any subsequent owner or other transferee of the product.
WHAT ARE YOUR REMEDIES UNDER THIS WARRANTY?
With respect to any defective product during the Warranty Period, we will, in our sole discretion either: (a) repair or replace such product (or the defective part) free of charge or (b) refund the purchase price of such product.
WARRANTY CLAIM RESTRICTIONS.
Both our 1 year limited warranty and 1 month limited warranty on new and refurbished units respectively include the following restrictions, which limit and/or void your ability to make a claim:
The warranty becomes active on the date of purchase of the product. If you purchased a ANYHILL product with a 1 year limited warranty on January 15, 2021, it will be valid until January 15, 2022.
The warranty is non-transferable and non-renewable. If you acquire a ANYHILL product from a private seller, the warranty does not transfer to you. If you are a private owner of a ANYHILL product and sell it to someone else within your warranty period, your warranty is void.
The warranty is void if the ANYHILL product has been subjected to improper use.
ANYHILL reserves the right to determine eligibility of products for warranty claim. Claims for manufacturing defects of parts will be solely determined by ANYHILL’s professional technicians. Claims may be denied if damages reported are not manufacturing defects but due to misuse and/or improper care.
ANYHILL reserves the rights to deny or void any new or existing warranty claims if ANYHILL as provided 5 or more complimentary replacement parts/repairs and has provided reasonable care to the customer throughout the warranty coverage period.
HOW DO YOU OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE?
ANYHILL provides repair for products given they qualify for service:
To receive service under warranty, the product must be purchased directly from the ANYHILL website (www.anyhill.com). You must have a valid sales receipt.
The product cannot have been used for rental, commercial, or competition purposes.
Warranty claims made by customers in the continental United States within 30 days of delivery are eligible for replacement parts, cost of labor for repairs, and outbound shipping at no additional charge.
Warranty claims made by customers in the continental United States after 30 days of delivery are eligible for replacement parts at no additional charge, but customers are responsible for the cost of labor for repairs and any outbound and inbound shipping fees.
Warranty claims made by international customers and customers in Alaska and Hawaii within 30 days of delivery are eligible for replacement parts and cost of labor for repairs at no additional charge, but are responsible for any outbound and inbound shipping fees.
Warranty claims made by international customers and customers in Alaska and Hawaii after 30 days of delivery are eligible for replacement parts at no additional charge, but are responsible for the cost of labor for repairs and any outbound and inbound shipping fees.
If a chargeback is initiated on any purchase, ANYHILL reserves the rights to deny or void any new or existing warranty.
The product must be within warranty period and ridden less than 10,000 miles to qualify for a warranty service claim.
We want your downtime to be as short as possible, so we offer two options when you make a warranty claim: parts replacement (DIY) or repair service (professional).
ANYHILL will ship necessary replacement parts and components to you and provide guided assistance through written tutorials, videos, email, and phone/video calls. If the claim is made within 30 days of purchase, all costs are absorbed by ANYHILL (including shipping parts from us to you (outbound) or of the scooter from you to us (inbound)). If the claim is made after 30 days of purchase, shipping costs are transferred to the customer.
Repair Service (at ANYHILL)
For customers in the continental United States, if your warranty claim is deemed valid but you do not feel equipped to make the repairs yourself within the first 30 days of purchase, ANYHILL can arrange repair service and will cover inbound/outbound shipping, labor cost and parts. You are responsible for any incurred cost due to taxes, unforeseen part replacements and/or other third party costs. If you are near either of our ANYHILL locations (Los Angeles, CA or New York City, NY), you can bring the product in during operating hours for service to avoid shipping charges. If you arrange repair service after the first 30 days of purchase, ANYHILL will cover cost of parts but you are responsible for cost of labor, inbound/outbound shipping, any incurred cost due to taxes, unforeseen part replacements and/or other third party costs.
For international customers and customers in Alaska and Hawaii, If your warranty claim is deemed valid but you do not feel equipped to make the repairs yourself within the first 30 days of purchase, ANYHILL can arrange repair service and will cover the cost of parts and labor. You are responsible for inbound/outbound shipping, any incurred cost due to taxes, unforeseen part replacements and/or other third-party costs. If you arrange repair service after the first 30 days of purchase, ANYHILL will cover cost of parts but you are responsible for cost of labor, inbound/outbound shipping, any incurred cost due to taxes, unforeseen part replacements and/or other third party costs.
As the device’s owner, you are responsible for the performance and maintenance of your device. You may be denied a warranty claim if routine maintenance cannot be determined. In particular, you may be denied warranty coverage if your device or a component part has failed due to abuse, neglect, improper maintenance, or unapproved modifications. Routine maintenance includes but is not limited to checking and replacing brake pads, brake rotors, tires, inner tubes (when applicable), tightening and/or replacing screws, proper charging and storage, and so on. Some of these component parts should be routinely checked and replaced based on the owner’s usage and are not constructed or intended to last the lifetime of the device.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THE REMEDIES DESCRIBED ABOVE ARE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND OUR ENTIRE LIABILITY FOR ANY BREACH OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. OUR LIABILITY SHALL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES EXCEED THE ACTUAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE DEFECTIVE PRODUCT, NOR SHALL WE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOSSES, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. PLEASE CONSULT WITH ANYHILL SHOULD YOU REQUIRE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
OWNER’S WARRANTY RESPONSIBILITIES
As the device’s owner, you are responsible for the performance of the required maintenance. You may be denied a warranty claim solely because of your failure to ensure the performance of all scheduled maintenance.
As the owner, you should be aware that you may be denied your warranty coverage if your device or a part has failed due to abuse, neglect, improper maintenance, or unapproved modifications. For any issue regarding your ANYHILL product, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Will We Do to Correct Problems with Your Scooter?
· If a component is deemed defective or damaged prior to the owner’s usage (including damages from shipping), we will issue a replacement part. In addition, we will assist to replace any defective part(s).
· We will provide the original owner a replacement product if the product cannot be repaired after a reasonable number of tries as determined by Anyhill.
· Wear and tear are not covered under 1 year warranty.
· The battery warranty does not include damage from power surges, use of an improper charger, improper maintenance or misusages, normal wear, upkeep (refer to the manual) or water damage.
· Warranty does not cover damage resulting from omitted or incorrect adjustment(s) or worn components.
· Anyhill will not be responsible for products loss due to theft or robbery.
What Will We Not Do?
· Anyhill will not replace any parts without first seeing photos or videos of the damaged part.
· We will not offer warranty service to second owners.
· We will not replace any damaged parts caused by the user.
· We will not pay for any third-party service or part replacement unless agreed upon prior to any services.
· Anyhill will not cover any damage that may occur during shipping if the owner sets up their own shipping option or if the bike is shipped using a freight forwarder or similar service.
Terms of Warranty
· This warranty only applies to the original owner of an Anyhill Electric Scooter. Only in extreme cases will an entire replacement scooter be issued. In these cases, the original scooter must be shipped to the Anyhill scooter facility for inspection/repairs before a new scooter is sent out.
· If repairs can be done, a new scooter will not be sent.
· The warranty does not cover accessories or parts installation that are not originally intended or compatible with the scooter. Any problems caused by the rider’s usage, water damage, extreme riding, stunt riding, or improper follow-up maintenance are not covered by the warranty.
· This warranty does not include consumables or normal wear and tear parts
· In no event shall Anyhill be responsible for any direct, indirect or consequential damages, including without limitation, accident, damages for personal injury, property damage, or economic losses, whether based on contract, warranty, negligence, or product liability in connection with their products.
All claims to this warranty must be made through Anyhill. Proof of purchase may be required with any warranty request. Before making a warranty claim, we suggest that you contact our technical support team at email@example.com as there may be a simple solution for your problem(s).
Valid warranty claims will be processed through Anyhill scooter within one year of initial purchase. Warranty claims may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shipping Damage Claims
· Upon receiving your scooter, IMMEDIATELY inspect your product(s) for damage. Freight damage claims are extremely time-sensitive. We will not accept freight damage claims later than 5 days from receipt of the product.
· Note any damage to your product(s) on the Bill of Lading before you and the driver sign-off on the shipment.
· Take pictures of any damage that are found, and date the images if possible.
· Keep all packaging and paperwork until the inspection process is complete.
· Report damage claims within 10 days of delivery to an Anyhill customer service representative. Please contact our technical support team for return/replacement instructions at email@example.com or (626) 415-1100.
This warranty is void if the scooter is subjected to abuse, neglect, improper repair, improper maintenance, alteration, modification, an accident or other abnormal, excessive, or improper use, at the sole discretion of Anyhill.
AnyHill’s online help resources are available at:https://www.anyhill.com/help-center/. If you discover what you believe is a defect for your Product, please contact AnyHill at firstname.lastname@example.org. AnyHill’s technical support personnel are available to assist you in diagnosing and fixing any problems you may encounter in the use of your Product.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The scooters have water resistance ratings, so why does the warranty not cover water damage?
A: Our products are built durably, but misuse, improper care and sometimes accidents (like getting caught in an unexpected rainstorm) can cause water damage. Water resistance ratings provide a general standard for how well an electronic device is built to withstand water (and debris) under different conditions. Very few electronic products can withstand submersion in water for any period of time.
It’s important that if you should get your device wet, you do your best to dry it out and check for any water damage to prevent voiding the warranty. Some components can purge the water or will dry out easily, while other components, like the horn speaker for the Cruiser, does not have a purging function.
All electronic companies limit their warranty against water damage, even on products with water resistance ratings, as it can be so catastrophic to the behavior and performance of the device.
Why is your warranty limited to 1 year?
We provide limited warranty periods as all electronic products have a limited lifespan. Although 6 to 12 months may sound like a short term, it is actually a long one compared to the industry standard. Many lower tier mass market electric scooters, like GOTRAX, come with 90-day warranties. Unfortunately, those companies are often impossible to reach in order to make a warranty claim.
At ANYHILL, we are here to fully support you through ownership, primarily to 1 year as you are getting acquainted with your device. When you message, call, or email, there are real people answering your questions. Our team is dedicated and knowledgeable and has a proven record of excellence in customer support.
When it comes to the warranty term, consider how often you upgrade your other electronic devices, like your smartphone. After a few years, the technology and materials improve so quickly that retiring your current device is a sound choice. Our electric scooters (electronic devices) are used outdoors where they are exposed to the elements, and subjected to possible damage from the owner, accidents with objects or others, and so on, and generally have a limited lifespan. With proper care and maintenance and often technical know-how, however, owners can significantly elongate their device’s lifespan.